A good travel advisor has you covered!
The internet theoretically makes it easier to research and book your own travel - so why would you work with a travel advisor?
1. Your trips will be tailored to your exact needs and interests. An advisor helps with navigating different properties. With the internet or even a friend's recommendation, you never know what you're going to get. An advisor has connections, has worked with many hotels, has visited many of them and gives you exactly what you want.
2. A Virtuoso advisor has relationships with people around the world and can arrange experiences that make a trip truly extraordinary. Tangible things are fleeting. Experiences and memories are priceless. Working with an advisor makes those memories easy to attain and the return on investment is unreal.
3. A Virtuoso advisor has access to the same (and often better) pricing than you can find online, and can secure special perks you can't get yourself.
4. A Virtuoso travel advisor can get you exclusive access to events, private tours, and other extras.
5. In addition to saving you time and money, your advisor is available 24/7 before, during and after your trip; you can relax and have fun.
On November 10, 2015, Lufthansa went on strike leaving travelers stranded and cancelling hundreds of flights. Travelers who booked through a travel advisor were the lucky ones as many passengers who booked online were unable to reach the airline. Amanda Klimak, President of Largay Travel (my host agency) was proactive and had already rebooked some passengers after the first notice. Most agencies run a report of all travelers set to fly Lufthansa and 24 hours prior start working on backup plans. This is more work for the travel advisor - with no additional compensation - but that's what you get when you use a travel advisor.
Time is your most precious asset. A travel advisor understands that and maximizes your time.